About Amnesty International
What is the Amnesty Weekly Lottery?
The weekly lottery is a fun way to support us while giving you the chance to win incredible prizes in our weekly draw. It costs just £1 per entry. Every week there will be 15 winners electronically picked at random including a lucky winner of £1,000. And once a year our top prize will be a fantastic £10,000!
When you play, your entry will help protect human rights around the world.
How do I enter the lottery?
- Select how many entries you would like each week. Remember the more entries you select (maximum is 20 per week) the more chance you have of winning £1,000 or even £10,000 in our annual super draw!
- Choose how you want to pay, either by Direct Debit or with a one off payment (by credit / debit card or cheque by post – see below). A Direct Debit is the most secure way to take part: it reduces our costs, maximises the benefit to our campaigns, and ensures you never miss a lottery draw. (Of course, you can stop a Direct Debit at any time, if you change your mind.)
- Confirm your details and complete the payment. Once you’ve signed up you will receive a welcome letter with your personal lottery numbers.
- Each week your number will be entered into the draw, so long as you still have credit left. All winners will automatically be notified by post and will receive their winning cheques at the same time – so there is no need to make a claim. We will also publish a list of winners on our winners page.
- You can enter using our secure online form via the play button below. Or if you prefer to enter by phone you can call us on 020 7033 1777 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm). You can also request a form and we will post one out for you to complete and return.
Can I play the Amnesty Weekly Lottery?
You must be 18 or over to enter our weekly lottery online due to Amnesty International UK’s child protection policy. You also need to be a resident of mainland Great Britain to enter the lottery. Unfortunately we can’t accept entries from residents of Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. For our lottery’s full terms & conditions click here.
Is Amnesty effective?
We are based on the belief that individuals working together in international solidarity can bring about real change.
In a world where those with power sometimes act with callous disregard for human suffering, this may seem hopelessly optimistic. However, since 1961 we have made appeals on behalf of thousands of individual victims of human rights abuses. During over 50 years of protecting and defending human rights we have established a concrete record of achieving these aims on a multitude of issues and in many individuals’ cases.
How is Amnesty funded?
We are independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion.
To ensure our independence, we do not seek or accept money from governments or political parties for our work in documenting and campaigning against human rights abuses. Our funding depends on the contributions of our worldwide membership and fundraising activities. To safeguard the independence of the organisation, all contributors are strictly controlled by guidelines laid down by the International Council.
How can I contact Amnesty International UK?
Please phone our Supporter Care Team on 020 7033 1777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can write to us at: Amnesty International UK, Human Rights Action Centre, 17-25 New Inn Yard, London, EC2A 3EA.
You can find out more about our work by visiting our website.